Friday 6 January 2012

a 'ta dah' moment

Hello there

The calendar is done. The main thing about doing the calendar is always the boring bit i.e the template for the writing section. I've looked via Google; I've looked through Microsofts templates and nothing. I look every year, incase I missed something the year before but still nothing. I can't even get functions on Excel to make life easier. It's a family planner calendar and the way Excel displays dates of different kinds, just isn't the day/date style that I like. If you have the same problem, I will send you a blank copy of this year's template to save you hours!
The fun bit is the pictures section, which I put at the top. The pictures I'm using this year are scrapbook pages basically, which I created in 2011 as part of the 12 little words challenge I did with Big Picture Classes. There being 12 just seemed to me to shout out 'calendar', so I listened! Last night I put some finishing touches to the pages; basically some background papers and the month words. I cut the words on my Cricut with Plantin School book - the shadow function made them thicker so making them easier to manipulate. I cut them at 2cm. The papers I used were a mixture of magazine freebies, My Mind's Eye- totally girl collection and 'Best of Kand Co too'.
I'll only show a few of the months or you'll know more about what we're up to than my family who don't use it often enough :-)

Take care out there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...