Monday 16 April 2012

Welcome to Europe

Hello there

Now here's a card I doubt I'll be sending again anytime soon with a sentiment like that but the card and the papers are lovely. The card is for my Australian friend who I haven't seen in over 13 years. She's currently spending two weeks in Italy partly 'studying' an Italian method of early childhood teaching although Lu- Ann has been teaching for a long time now. Unfortunately I still won't be able to meet up but I feel the need to send her a little card.
I got my initial inspiration from the Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine which supplied the paper pad as a freebie along with the gorgeous matching die cut embellishments. The paper is from Pink Paislees 'Spring Jubilee' collection and it's gorgeous with a capital G! This pad is good as there's just 6 designs but 36 sheets, so you get loads of options of what to do with each sheet. I usually get in such a lather if there's a paper I want to use but I'm scared of ruining it since there's usually only one of each design.

I've made the card my own by using my own die-cutting designs. The scalloped circles behind the butterfly circle were cut from 'Sweet Treats' Cricut cartridge at 4.5cm; flower1 with the shadow/blackout feature key. The butterflies were cut with the Paisley cartridge using the umbrella key with layer 2 function key at 8.5cm (the size is so large as it's a design which is meant to be used as a layer not a main feature). I've had that teal coloured organza and raffia ribbon for over two years now and never used it as I forget about it. I was given it as part of a huge box of crafting goodies I was given when I finished work.

Now all that's left to do is hope that Lu-Ann has a great time.

Take care out there

Date of writing- April 11th 2012

1 comment:

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...