Sunday 8 April 2012

New napkin holder

Hello there

A quick post for now. I've done the latest model of napkin holder today. A spring theme of course and it matches the placemats I've made recently - post to follow.

They are made from a 12 x 12in cardstock and scored with the help of my Ultimate Pro. To allow for the amount of napkins I put in, the height is 6.5cm/2.5in. The base is 17.5cm square or 6 & seven eighths dependant on which measurements you like.

I used the 'Walk in my Garden' Cricut cartridge for the die cuts. I used some left over fabric flowers that I used on my placemats. The centre point feature on the Cricut is excellent for this sort of fabric, as I was able to select a flower on the fabric and then cut (shadow 'daisy2'- page 85 of the booklet) the daisy shape around that flower; so you get a flower within a flower shape - love it! The yellow daisies were created with Cricut craftroom software to make the border. There is actually a border feature key on the cartridge but I needed mine to be straight and not slighty crooked as with the set border included. Since I had cut out the 'fillers' for the daisy2, I had some left over little orange circles, so I put them on the inside of the border and it's great (I.M.H.O) as I've now got little white daisies there.

Note to self- remember to cut the semi-circle cut away at the front of the box, BEFORE glueing it together!!

The little mini-egg cakes were a little idea of mine to decorate the dining room for the occasion of an Easter meal with friends.


Take care out there



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...