Wednesday 25 September 2013

Watching my p's and q's

Hello there

I'm having to listen to One Republic at the minute, as my daughter wants my opinion on another cd to have in the car, which both of us could listen to. I'll be back in a mo :-)

... It's an 'on the edge' contender in my opinion.

Back to it.


This is what I've been up to this afternoon. I've been to my very first patchwork and quilting class with Wendy Deverill at Coppull; hence the title of this post. I found Wendy after quite a long search for a City and Guild's course in the area and she runs the closest one to me. The course I'm doing is just a beginner's one, as I'm better off doing that first and seeing if Wendy's style suits me.


 I'm not a beginner but I do want to make sure I am doing certain basic tasks efficiently. I thoroughly enjoyed my couple of hours with some lovely ladies and created this easy block. I wasn't at my best as I've been at work for 6am each day this week but I don't normally work Wednesdays, so I'll be fine for future classes which are held fortnightly. I am looking forward to it, as I did enjoy today's and learnt a couple of good tips






We then went on to cut and sew up half square triangles at 3 7/8in. Here they are waiting to be made into a block. That's not going to happen tonight though, as I'd probably make a mistake with being tired.

This reminds me that I haven't shown you a photo of the large patchwork cushion I blogged about several times early this year. 

I made each block by following the tutorials provided by the Craftsy class I signed up for. That class taught me alot and still can, as I haven't finished it and can go back to it as many times as I like.  The last block was mentioned in June in this post called 'Continuation'

This is what I embroidered onto the back of the cushion cover. Kinda says it all really.

Take care out there and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Ooh I'm loving your big pink and blue cushion, it looks very very comfy. Bless you it's one of my fave colour combos too, whoop whoop.
    Huge hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...