Thursday 5 July 2012

Thanks

Hello there

I've just finished a training placement for work. I'm really glad to have finished as the travelling wasn't fun; the early starts; the training in a different place to where I'll actually be working has all taken it's toll on me. The two ladies who were mainly training us though were very kind to us in different ways, so I made them each a card.

One of the cards I made was with the freebie papers from the August issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft. I used some of their inspiration to help lead me in a good direction.
Alot of the time when making cards these days, I like to make sample pieces to test the design out before using good card/paper. This also helps me get sizes right and make a practise layout which can inspire me further with ideas or just confirm what I had planned.

The tags were cut from the Winter Woodland cartridge, 3dBld5 -tag feature, one cut at 9.5cm and I think the other was about 6cm but I forgot to write it down. I didn't say my recording method was foolproof! :-) It's on page 79 of the booklet. The word 'thanks' was cut from the Wildcard cartridge - 'sweep', phrase function at 10cm, page 42 of the booklet. The flowers were cut at three different sizes ranging from 4cm up to 6; they are on the Walk in my Garden cartridge, shadow function, daisy1 - page 82 in the booklet.


I loved that I could use one of my new Spectrum Noir pens to ink the edges of the die-cuts. In the past using an ink pad to edge such intricate shapes was not successful but this is so easy and really made a difference, especially to the word Thanks.


I liked the relative simplicity of making the card, yet the final look I'm also happy with too.

Result!







Take care out there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...