Wednesday 2 May 2012

The other Silver Anniversary card

Hello there

In my previous post I showed you the Silver Anniversary card I made for a friend. This is the one I made after that due to my lack of confidence and belief in myself basically. You never know when you might need a Silver Anniversary card as well :-) Stocking up on cards is something I don't do anywhere near enough of.
Once I'd collected some things together and got some inspiration, off I went and before I knew it was all done. It all just flowed really nicely and gave me back confidence that I wasn't 'losing it'.
I used a A4 card folded to make an A5. I cut the My Mind's Eye paper as a mat. Found some other silver shaded card to cut the corners (corner3)from Ornamental Iron2 cartridge at 2in and then cut the flower head in a light blue paper.
The numbers were also cut from Ornamental Iron2 -gate2a and gate5a. I can't remember what size I did them, I'm sorry.  I'd suggest using scrap paper to cut with first, then you can adjust the size and see for 'real' whether they look good or not on the layout.

The mat for the numbers was cut at 3.5in from Plantin Schoolbook. I handcut the mat for the glasses, so I've no idea what size that was - I just cut the card with the glasses in place, so that I knew how big to cut it. I inked all the edges of the mats and the sentiment label with silver, which isn't all that noticeable but it's all in the detail, as they say!




The sentiment was written in CraftArtist using the Cupid and hearts kit and printed on the same blue paper as the flower heads.
I also put a patterned paper with silver card mat inside the card, as it's double sided card and far too dark a colour to be able to write the wishes on
The envelope was made with my Ultimate Pro and the frame was from a pack of American Crafts thickers over a blue paper background; again necessary due to the patterned paper of the envelope.
This makes it look green but it wasn't - the colours were bluey silver throughout
I wonder which one you would chose.

Take care out there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...