Monday 4 February 2013

I'm shattered

Hello there

Yes, the title of this post says it. I have to get up at 5a.m on Mondays and Tuesdays and start work at 6, so they're not the best days for me energy wise. Tonight I wasn't feeling enthused with life as it's been blowing a freezing gale and the walk with the dogs was not fun. I'm a warm weather girl for sure.

Tonight though I've completed a layout which my friend Catherine created the sketch for, for our crafty session last week but due to us all having too much of a good time chatting, we didn't get to do the page. 

I've been able to escape the weather and just play away doing this. My sweetie carriage full of fruit pastilles, my glass full of Ribena and off I went.
This photo doesn't do the colours of the Afternoon Daydreams simply scrappin' kit from SU, any justice at all, as the colours are much more vibrant in real life. The journalling tag is a Cosmo Cricket one which goes brilliantly, as I wasn't convinced that the tags in the kit were the 'mood' I wanted for this page. The lace isn't real lace; it's the amazing Viola's lace stamp around stamp from SU embossed with tempting turqoise embossing powder - it's lush! :-)
The inky stains were just me playing around after I'd done the dribbles down the right hand side of the page. I just dropped some pool party ink onto the card and then blew it around - good fun! The bubble space it created was perfect for the title. Just like Maggie enjoys playing around with hairstyles, I like playing around with scrapbooking!
Ya gotta love distress crackle paint!

It might be disgusting outside and I might be ready to drop asleep but this has filled my soul with good stuff.

Take care out there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...