Sunday 20 February 2011

my latest card

Since I'm trying to just photograph cards as I make them, then here goes as this photo shows the card I just finished yesterday. I don't know who it's for yet but it's intended for one of Maggie's friends, so whenever she tells me, the night before inevitably, that one of her friend's has a birthday, then I don't need to panic. All I have to do is reach into my 'bag of wonders' and pull out a lovely suitable card! Ta dah! It's not very personalised but I highly doubt the girls would appreciate much more effort anyway.

This card was made using my Forever Young cartridge. I started it off as I particularly wanted to practise the decorative frame shape and the card just developed from there. It's rather basic in design but I was really chuffed with the way the layers were cut out and how I've used the same 'colour ways' as I hear them mention on t.v and youtube so often.
The envelope made also used my Crafter's Companion Ultimate Pro and it's made from a pearlescent paper of the same colour as the main card. I used the U.P to ensure the gatefold lines were exactly right as well.

1 comment:

  1. I won't use that blue background for the font again as it really doesn't go well with the brown background I've got displayed at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...