Friday 25 February 2011

Valentine's card






This is the card I made for Chris in 2011. It might look big but it's a perfect size for this event as it's 11cm by 14. It wasn't my design; it was Mary's and I've included the hyperlink for her youtube page so that she gets the credit she deserves. It's so so helpful to have such videos and instructions so readily available, as the measurements are often what takes all the time when you're designing Cricut based cards. My card is slightly different to hers as I didn't have any black polka dot ribbon, so I created the ribbon effect with card and then embossed it with the Swiss dots folder and then stamped gently over the dots with Ranger's worn lipstick distress ink and I'm really happy with the result. I also chose to put the 'from ?' message inside for tradition's sake; I used the lyrical letters cartridge for that and the loop dee loo creative feature on my Gypsy and welded the letters.
http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-make-love-ya-valentine-card-using-cricut-paisley-295896/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...