Tuesday 10 December 2013

Christmas decoration

Hello there

As promised, here's a quick little post of a Christmas decoration I started making in my patchwork class last week. 

You start off by cutting 11 triangles (from a template which was provided) in one fabric and then 11 more out of a contrasting one.


Sew those pieces right sides together,
turn right sides out and sew up the gap.

Bring each point into the centre and sew down.



Without cutting the thread, turn over and sew the flat
edges into the centre.

Once you've done all 11, start sewing them
together at the points
Then it'll start coming to shape very quickly,
as you only need a few little stitches to hold
each piece together
The 'bucket' one has been sewn the other
way round to all the rest. I've sewn it upside
down to the way it should be but
I really can't be doing with unpicking it and it
looks fine.

You think that looks nice?! Me too until I added some twinkly goldy bits and some red ribbon to hang it by.


Yes, I enjoyed that. No idea where I'm going to put it, so it may well end up staying in my room, so I can enjoy it. 

Or it may get given to my mum if I don't get a move on and make what I'm meant to be doing for her present. I'm really not feeling the love of Christmas. I rarely do as I hate the weather at this time of year and the financial pressure it puts on people, reminds me too much of my days as a single mum.

Take care out there and please don't spend over your means - it's just not worth it, just enjoy the simple pleasures in life, such as a giggle with your friends/family  xx

4 comments:

  1. Ooh this is soooooooooooooooooooooooo GORGEOUS Diane, way to go sweetie. I love the sparkly bits, perfect finishing touches to an already amazing piece.
    Huge hugs x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!! I know that I couldn't make this at all so am poking my tongue out at you hahaha!!!! Its gorgeous Diane!!!!! OMG how did you get the sparkle to sparkle on Blogger????? HUGS xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not convinced that I should give away my trade secrets, since you pulled your tongue at me! ;-)

      Delete
    2. But to be honest, I didn't do anything. I use Google back up for photos taken from my phone and when I looked at it on my computer, Google back up had added the twinkle effect for me, which really surprised me :-) There's allsorts of effects you can add using it :-) xx

      Delete

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...