Tuesday 15 October 2013

One of my favourite people

Hello there

My baby is 15 today, although I'm writing this on October 12th whilst she's out at a friend's house; I've scheduled this post for October 15th. We had a fab trip to Harry Potter World at the beginning of October and she's getting a big present, so she's going to have yet another good birthday hopefully.






Unusually enough, I don't normally make her a card but I have this year. 

I've used the Juliet stamp by Indigo Blu for the first time, despite having owned the stamp for a very long time. I looked online for inspiration but found only three examples of cards using that stamp, which is surprising. I love the flowing hair behind her and the birds and swirls; very liberating and pretty. I used a tag project as the inspiration but mine looks nothing like that. 

I first inked the tag by putting three distress inks on the craft mat and spritzed them with water and ran the tag through them - very technical; that's me! I did the same for the second layer but only using the wild honey and worn lipstick. The base layer, I only used the broken china. I then used the swirly stamp from the Indigo Blu 'music hall' stamp in matching colours on the edges of each of those two layers and used the musical score stamp, from that set, on the main tag. I stamped Juliet with SU's tempting turqoise. 

The flower is a washi tape one, which I really like. It has musical score on it, so very fitting for this card.The lace is a SU lace which I dyed with some spray ink. The sentiment was created some leftover musical score practise stamping I did. I had to do a couple of tags before I got to this one, which I was happy with.



The flower meant that I had to make a box, as it is quite raised - oh goody!
 I mean that, as they're easy to make with my Ultimate Pro.



 Decorating the side of the box with the musical score and the lid with more of those swirls was fun too. The sentiment comes from the musical score Indigo blu kit again.



I did the insert the same way. 






I really enjoyed this experience. 
Let's hope my baby likes it too.













Take care out there

4 comments:

  1. Awe, that gorgeous!!! I hope that she liked it and had a fabulous birthday! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has had a good day despite a Chemistry test at school :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow Diane, that is one stunning card my lovely. My fave colour combo too, whoop whoop. I hope your daughter has had a fabulous day and I'm sure she loved your card as much as your groupies here.
    Huge hugs x x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you're too kind x You can tell she's had a good day because she wants to buy a new piggy bank! :-)

      Delete

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...