Saturday 21 January 2012

Wasting time is research

Hello there

I've just made this gorgeous little 3D paper ball decoration in no time at all. I subscribe to DailyCraft on Facebook and they link to loads of different projects every day. This project came from howaboutorange blog. I originally told myself " no, don't do that as it's not on your 'plan'". I fairly quickly realised that it won't be a waste of time to do it at all. Doing little things like this could bring my motivation back; it could give me an idea for a lovely home decor item; it could be the start of a whole new business for me. Who knows where little steps could lead to?



I must stop seeing distractions as bad things; I must see them as having a different purpose for me. The skill will come when I get my mojo back and I then must focus it on something I'm working on from my 'plan'.


The oil is in this photo to give some idea of the size of the ball





If I get a chance this weekend, I'll print out the template again on nice patterned paper. I'm going to put hanging storage in front of my desk (well, Chris will hopefully) and I could hang some of these from them, so that they'll be pretty as well as practical.





Take care out there

1 comment:

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...