Tuesday 17 January 2012

My poor sis

Hello there

I found out on Wednesday that one of my sisters needs to go for an operation on Monday. Hopefully she'll be in and out in a day but she'll need to rest afterwards, which is hard with two young boys. Mum and George are going down there to try to help out. I've made her a little 'get well soon card', which will put a little smile on her face with any luck.

The stamp I used is a Stampavie one called Ruffles puppy plaque. Before you say anything, I know the colouring isn't great with the pencils but I am still very new to all of that. I got my original inspiration for this card from the stamp itself as it's fairly new, so I hadn't used it before and I think he looks good for a get-well card due to that one patch over an eye.

For the layout I looked in a couple of places but finally I decided on Bev Rochester's card on the Stampavie blog.

I then chose the backing paper which of course decides the colour scheme. I inked the edges with a diluted version of 'worn lipstick'; I also used that to go around the edges of the toppers but for that I just rubbed the ink pad around the edges rather than using the blender tool.

Note to self- photograph cards and envelopes BEFORE the person's address is on the envelope!!!
 This is the second take with the help of white card and blue tack


I used Craft Artist to get the shaped toppers; actually remembering to measure the stamp first, so make sure that the toppers would be large enough.  The shape is from the Poppy Tots kit. The ribbon comes out of little slits I made each side of the smallest topper. The sentiment base was just created using a scaled down version of the large back topper. The sentiment just came to me as I was doing that, which I was really chuffed with as I hadn't got a clue which to use, other than settle with stamps I've got which say 'best wishes' or 'for you'.

The flowers were cut with the button function of Doll2 on the Paisley cartridge. I inked the red patterned flowers with 'worn lipstick' and the green ones with shabby shutters. The brads are Papermania pearls.

Take care out there

Date of writing: 13th January 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...