Thursday 5 January 2012

So many things!

Hello there

Despite the fact that it's December 30th when I'm writing this post, I still haven't started my calendar. Every year I make a family planner. Unfortunately the formatted table that I use for the planner section is on my old computer which I currently don't have a monitor for as I threw that out as it was a big old bulky one and I need the space on my desk for more fun stuff. This means that I need a cable to connect that old computer to my laptop and that hasn't happened yet- tomorrow is obviously the deadline. I need to amend this years to fit with 2012's dates of course, so that takes a little while. I often have to do just January and February to start with as I don't have a clue what pictures/photos I'm going to put on each month. For 2012 though I have 12 8x8 scrapbook pages, which I did as part of a free Big Picture Classes class i.e Word of the day, I did this year and thoroughly enjoyed. One page though will need sorting out as normally I do the pictures on an A4 landscape page, and this one page measures 23.5cm in height! Fun and games.

My daughter and I went to Burwardsley, Tattenhall, Cheshire to the Candle Making Factory and thoroughly enjoyed not only looking at brilliant candles and associated things but also made our own double twist candles and decorated the candle holders. It was a pig miserable day weather wise again with pouring rain and wind, so it was great to get out and about doing something nice together.

Last night I was extra chuffed as I basically made four thank you cards in one night!! That's virtually unheard of for me as it usually takes me that long at least for one card. I got my inspiration from the Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine I get (thanks to my baby sister). They had a free set of stamps and some papers inside, so off I went card making. The mojo was definitely with me, and it was great fun. Machine stitching on card still feels rather weird but I like that when it's just strange doing something unusual. I used some Caran D'ache pencils I have already to colour the stamped images in, as this is the first time I've coloured in stamps, believe it or not. I don't have any fancy pens, yet! I always loved colouring in when I was young and it's so refreshing to do it again as an adult. I found the pencils quite forgiving too and easy to adjust pressure to get the effect I wanted or to merge together. The only thing I had to do tonight was finish embossing some little butterflies for the last card and make the envelopes, which didn't take long at all. I'm not going to get this post made public until next week as two of the recipients may read my blog and I just don't think it's 'on' to publicly display them before the recipient has had them. These are them:
White embossing powder rocks!

The stamp used for this is a stampendous one called ruffled butterfly



 Take care out there and I hope that 2012 is kind to you and your families

1 comment:

  1. They are lovely cards Diane... Also not been to the candle place for so long. Must plan a visit with m soon. Hope all ok and you got your calendar sorted.
    C xxx

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...