I've just read a motivational crafting article on The Crafty Network's site: Crafty Network. It is focussed at people trying to push themselves to achieve more with their craft related small business. I don't have a business plan (or a business if we're concentrating on detail here :-) )but it did inspire me to motivate myself; give myself a focus. I need direction in my life and nobody else seems to do that, so I do it myself. I suspect Chris mocks me for doing this but he also complains about lack of his own motivation but doesn't necessarily do anything about it. If I can try to make myself a useful person and satisfy my personal interests too, then I'll be happier and achieve more than just wandering along aimlessly.
It's pretty basic but it's better that way than making it too complex and therefore unachievable. All I have to do now is work out how to put a word document onto this blog, which makes me laugh as why can nothing ever be straightforward?! .............
....Blimey that research was a long winded way of just copying and pasting. I ended up putting my document onto Google docs and then copying and pasting it - complete waste of time and energy which is highly annoying when I'm trying to be more productive!!
Anyway, here it is. I'm off to mop the kitchen floor!! :-)
Crafty plan for 2012
- Go to Flower Shoppe cartridge workshop with Melanie Heaton in January
- Make my dressing gown
- Do a Big Picture Classes class which will help me widen my scope of things I like to do and also inform me about doing scrapbook pages quicker.
- Make a wreath with moss, such as the one I saw Kirstie Allsopp do on 2011’s shows.
- Do the Photo 365 app and use them in scrap pages.
- Try doing one scrapbook page a week.
- Use page layouts to help
- Buy a 12x12 scrapbook.
- Colour in stamping images, which leads to either sticking with the Caran D’Ache pencils or buying some Flexmarkers or pro-markers and the relevant paper to do it on.
- Make some more handbags with the Clover templates.
- Do some patchwork with the new rotary cutter and ruler I have this week. Preferably a table cloth, such as the design I saw on the DIYDISH site with the circular quilting sections by where each person sits. http://www.thediydish.com/2011/04/make-summer-porch-patio-pillows-and-more/
- Also do some patchwork cushions etc for the decking furniture
- Get some crafting goodies from America
- Make the pin cushion project using the candle holder I’ve got now
- Do the Me In My Moleskin project by Kirsty Wiseman