Monday 18 June 2012

Green

Hello there

Yet again I've been 'commissioned' by my daughter to make a birthday card for a friend of hers. This time the only criteria was that it needed to be green. It's common knowledge in my family that I'm not a fan of green. I love fields, trees, hedges and plants but I don't like it for decor items or clothing. For that reason, I've gone for a gorgeous turquoise type colour background alongside a brown version of the same paper.
Crafter's Companion March 2012 download, Heidi Swapp
Sugar Chic banner delights, Pine shutters distress ink and
Tim Holtz Idealogy tissue tape - sketchbook
I enjoyed making the card so much, that I made another very similiar one straight after. Things just click together sometimes AND I get the time to go with the flow. The weather  rained intermittently again all day, so I didn't go anywhere other than to take my daughter to a skating party. So no guilt for me about spending hours crafting as Chris  watched sports all day nearly as well.




















The photos don't do the cards justice at all, as you can't see the glittery effect on the banners or the pearlescent cardstock I used on the butterflies.








I have tried to show the glossy accents around the brown edging of the sentiment tag with these two close ups, without much luck.
Under the tissue tape is a ribbon printed out from the Crafter's Companion download - I love how you can still vaguely see the pattern under the tape.

The butterflies were cut from the Cricut Accents cartridge at 3.5 and 4cm - both with a shadow. They were cut from small cuts of off cut card. I love that about my Cricut - that small off-cuts can be very useful. I can sometimes expect too much of it though and try to cut something from a too small piece of card; that's just leading to upset and a sign of me being too tight :-)

I inked around the edges of the bought envelopes in Pine shutters distress ink; the same as I did on the card blanks. I also stencilled the negative butterfly shape in the front left hand corners.

Take care out there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...