Wednesday 18 April 2012

A birthday mini album for my sister

Hello there

Yes! I've done another magnetic closure mini album. I had to watch the tutorial video again but the making of it was alot smoother this time as I knew what I was playing with. See my blog post in February to see the instructions for the actual making up of the album. I'll run through page by page some of the things I played with whilst making this one.
First 'final' edition



This has to be the final final version :-)
not good!
The front has embellishments printed out from a kit called Turkish Delight on Craft Artist and I've covered three of them in Glossy Accents. I did try waxing the purple tag but it didn't look good




The masking has turned out well but it's a Tim Holtz flourish mask and I'm just not used to using them; I only got this last week. I used the pearl dabber as the medium, as it's almost invisible without light shining on it, so that suited the nervous me incase it didn't work out. I thought the tassle inside the flower was genius as it also helps open the magnetic flap and it looks pretty.
The little flower circle hanging from the pink flower is a shrink plastic flower I made, so whilst writing this blog I looked at the original 'final' version and had a light bulb moment - 'ah ha, I can stamp with the same stamp as I used on the shrink plastic embellishment'. That's how come there are two 'final' versions.

I've kept the next two pages plain really, so my sister can do as she pleases with photos, tickets or other memorabilia from her holiday to Turkey last week. The phrase across the two pages is on tissue paper and is from a download I got from Heidi Swapp's blog.
Me likey! :-)


The left hand page has got another element from the Heidi Swapp download on it but this time I inserted it to Craft Artist and made it become part of the paper. On the other side, yet another Heidi Swapp inspired item is the little flip album I've put on there.



I printed an image from the Turkish Delight digikit onto the front but I just stamped 'photo' on each page inside to indicate to Claire a possible way of utilising the little book
The next page has a digi frame with a photo from Claire's holiday in there and the presents etc on the right hand corner are also digi-created but look gorgeous IMHO. The right hand side page has another waxed element on it i.e 'sparkle'; a tag created from the digi kit and a section printed for the photo.

The very last page is blank again but the left hand side page has a pocket for the journalling tag I put in there, which matches the tag from the previous page but a different size of course. 'Love this' is another waxed element and from the Heidi Swapp download again. The tissue paper tape is from Tim Holtz of course; it's one of the sketchbook ones and it's the first time I've got round to/remembered to using to.

So that's it. By the time this gets posted, my sister will have received it, so I can only pray that she likes it and enjoys putting her things in it to remind her of her holiday and her birthday

Take care out there



Date of writing- April 14th 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...