Wednesday 28 March 2012

A technique in progress

Hello there

This'll be fun as I'm using the new format of Blogger today but at least I've actually managed to find out how to write a new post by clicking on the pen image of the first screen I was presented with.

A few weeks ago, I shared the beginnings of a canvas I was going to do - go here to look at that first posting. I've now finally finished it. I could give you a load of excuses as to why it's taken me so long but basically I think alot of it has been down to lack of confidence. This is definitely not a comfort zone activity for me at all and because I didn't really know where it was going, I subconsciously avoided going to it. A bit like my daughter treats her maths homework! I've now decided to call it a day with it. What do you think?

There are loads of things I can see that I'm not mad keen on, such as the blue paint slap bang in the middle; it's not a smudge, it was just created when I did the paint layer. I'm nervous of getting a brush and watering it down to move the colour a)incase I make the border between ground and sky too distinct or b) make an even bigger mess. The sun isn't anywhere near as good as one I saw online in that style and...and...and. I've considered loads of other things, such as book print/newspaper stems coloured with ink or doodling somewhere but no.




It is time to call this finished.


I'm happy with the idea of the clouds. I'm pleased with my actually owning a flower stamp and Temptin' turqoise Stampin' Up stamp pad to use. I like that the occasional flower has been coloured in with watered down ink from my craft mat. I'm also quite keen on the turqoise string I used as a centre piece on a flower to add even more interest and to balance off the mosaic tiles.




I'll keep on practising as I think they make dinky little home decor items.








Take care out there

5 comments:

  1. Well I think you've done a fab job hon... I would go for it with a bit of blending to blend out the darker blob or add more blobs elsewhere ... But know how you feel about by doing more maybe making it worse and it's not that big a thing in the first place. I adore the flowers that are all rushed up... Just adorable.

    All in all therefore a big well done honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out great!!! I LOVE the clouds and flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty blog, I found you through the Crafty Network and came over to say hi. Love the way you have gone all around the edge of the canvas and with flowers. x N

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all.
    I did some of the stamped leaves and flowers around the edge and some colour as these canvases will be able to be viewed from a few angles, so it's important to finish them off properly on the edges.
    I must go over and have a look at your blog 'Paint Pots' as with a name like that I'm sure you're far better than I at canvases. I already know Catherine and Soaphhousemama are :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Diane
    I came across you on the Crafty Network too, so thought I would pop over and have a look to see what you've been up to. Don't know what to suggest about your blue blob! other than if it isn't already (can't tell from the picture) why not stamp the turquoise flower again over the top or perhaps a group of them if you don't think it will come out in the right place? Having said all that I wouldn't even have attempted it and I think it looks great! I'll definitely be back to have a another look!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...