Saturday 8 March 2014

Never again

Hello there

I've done it. I've battled on. I persevered. Whichever way you word it, I've actually finished the celtic knot block we did over two weeks ago at my patchwork class. What a bloomin' relief! The whole process is so long winded and fiddly; not my idea of fun at all. One of the ladies said that she'd drunk three glasses of Jack Daniels to keep her going but I've remained sober whenever I've done bits of it - how, is beyond me though. 


You can tell I didn't like it as the stitching isn't great and some of the lines are wonky but (in fear of repeating myself) I finished it! Hallelujah! It still needs a rinse to get the visible placement marks off the red fabric but other than putting it into whatever project it ends up in, that's it with that block. Never again! I'll machine embroider a design like that if I want in the future but I won't applique bias binding again.




Well that takes me nicely onto my next whinge. My embroidery machine has broken and gone to the lovely people at Hobkirk's in Blackburn. That's my nearest Husqvarna Viking service centre, which was recommended to me, after a bit of a battle. After doing the 'handmade' embroidery last weekend, it has displayed an error message and won't work at all; either to sew or embroider. That doesn't make me a happy girl but going into the shop for the first time did. It only took us 45 minutes to get there, there's free parking (although Chris did end up paying £1 in the other parking area by mistake) and the shop is full of allsorts of machines, fabric, crafty equipment, haberdashery and friendly staff. I'm hoping to go there again soon to collect my repaired machine and I won't take 'him indoors' or the dogs then, so I can spend more time browsing. We stopped off on the way home at Rivington reservoir, where we'd never been before either and had a lovely time walking the dogs in the gorgeous surroundings. I also had Tiffin cake for the first time at the cafe there, which was very nice! 



Another 'sad' thing is that the lady from 'A Place to Set' (me!) had to say no to the second floor office/studio space that Nancy had offered me last week. It's still a fab location, as the space on the first floor was, but the two flights of narrow stairs would not have been suitable for people coming to the studio with such things as sewing machines. I know that I desperately want this studio idea but there's no point in being silly about it and just taking anything. 

So moving on, I'm struggling motivation wise, it has to be said but must push on and do more projects for the craft fair I'm doing on March 22nd. 

Breathing in.

Take care out there and hold onto your dreams

6 comments:

  1. Wow Dianne, that Celtic Knot is so intricate...I may have been tempted to have a glass of JD too if I were stitching it ;) I hope that you do find the right studio place, but you're right it has to be practical. Thanks so much for visiting me on my blog! Have a lovely week, Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet to take the time out to read my little blog space and to give me your thoughts x

      Delete
  2. mmm...I would have needed to 'zone' out to do all that stitching!!! But I am so pleased that you have finished it now and you should have a sense of achievement for it my lovely.

    You were so wise to not take that studio. It may not have worked out this time but I am sure that a more perfect one will come along soon. HUGS xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I do get a studio, you and Dawn are more than welcome :-)

      Delete
  3. Brother sewing machines are perfect for beginners who are new to sewing machines and want to discover their abilities in sewing and stitching.
    Visit Here - https://www.gtnsewing.com/brother-industrial-sewing-machines.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always busy, always running, always on the go. In everyday hustle and bustle I forgot I have to live for myself. My wife left me but it don’t mean I left my hopes for happiness. Surfing the web, I saw the most beautiful lady with gorgeous black hair and emerald eyes. She captures my heart, and I wanted to become significant for her. This is how I came across SofiaDate website. russian women dating

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...