Friday 3 February 2012

Cutting grungeboard on my Cricut

Hello there

A very quick post about how to cut grungeboard on a Cricut; a) to help me keep a note incase I forget b) incase anyone finds this post via a search for 'how to cut grungeboard on a Cricut'.
I have a basic Cricut Expression and I used the following settings:

speed 4,
pressure 4,
depth 6 on the deep cut blade
a new mat 
Multi-cut 4

I also found that it cut better with the fluffier side down on the mat, which surprised me but that was my experience.

I have it on good authority that it's best not to use too high a pressure setting when using thicker materials, as it creates too much tension on the material and prevents the Cricut being able to glide it along smoothly whilst cutting. This has been proven twice recently on projects I've completed.

Hope that helps; if not, send me a message and I'll see if I can help.

Take care out there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to comment! Have you tried anything like this? Do you want a few more snippets of information about this project to help you do something similiar? Has it inspired you or given you ideas to do it differently?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...